harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: about java -version issue for harmony java launcher
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:59:46 GMT
That sounds similar to the solution I was thinking of as well - we could
create an internal Harmony class that looks up properties/version values
and constructs an output version information string from them. This
class would be invoked by the launcher if the -version option is found
anywhere in the command line options.

I see that J9 puts it's full version information in the java.fullversion
and java.vm.info properties, but these are non-standard. I cannot see
the version info that drlvm prints when passed -version in any Java
property. The standard Java properties only provide high level version
information (not full component breakdown, build dates, repository
revision etc.). Perhaps drlvm could also set the java.fullversion (or
some other) property - then the class that puts together the version
information could look at this property first and if it exists use it,
otherwise fall back to the standard, less detailed, properties
(java.vm.version, java.vm.name etc.).

For the class libraries, I agree that a per module version info might be
quite useful - I guess we would want to output the Bundle-Name and
Bundle-Version from each jar manifest?

Regards,
Oliver

--