harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [M9] Testing - outstanding issues
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:41:28 GMT
Thanks for the review...

Sian January wrote:
> The patch looks fine for this case, but if I was being picky I would
> wonder if we also need to throw an IOException for an infinite stream
> that does contain '\n' characters as well as for one that doesn't?

The RI runs forever on a stream of '\n's and we run up to an
OutOfMemoryException.  It's such a contrived case that I really don't
think we need to hang forever too to match the behavior.

> Also is '\n' ok to use across all platforms or should it be something
> like System.getProperty(line.separator)?

The manifest format spec says:
  newline :  CR LF | LF | CR (not followed by LF)

so I'll change the containsLine test to be
  if (buffer[i] == 0x0A || buffer[i] == 0x0D) {

Sounds reasonable?

Thanks again,
Tim