harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google summer of code 2009 - Tools project
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:57:49 GMT
Manju Vijayakumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in putting together a proposal for developing some of the
> tools needed for Harmony SDK.
> I am particularly interested in the jdb tool development.
>
> I am searching for a framework implementation that can allow me to connect
> to the VM to be debugged
> from a debugger process. Do we have this in place or are we required to
> build up the debugging architecture
> in order to proceed? Please give me some pointers so that I can do a source
> code search in the right places.

jpda test framework maybe what you want, you can refer to [1]
It's not a debugger architecture, just implements the most jdwp commands
and support connect to vm with socket. Reading some jpda test cases
maybe a easy way to understand how it works.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/jdktools/branches/java6/modules/jpda/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/jpda/tests/framework

--
Best Regards,