harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Deakin <oliver.dea...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2009
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:15:20 GMT
Actually I wasn't... but that is a good idea ;)

I was really thinking that the task would start by analysing test
coverage of our modules (or perhaps a core set) and then the student
would focus in on just a small set of those modules. That way the
project becomes more localised and not an endless task. I had imagined
that the student would set coverage milestones (target percentage, or
perhaps a target increase in coverage) for each of their selected of
modules and start working towards those targets by creating new
tests/improving current tests. As far as I see it, the student gets
experience of both our source and test code, our build system and test
harness, test coverage tools, test planning and development, our bug
tracking system, as well as potentially offering patches for any bugs
they find along the way. I also think the project would benefit greatly
from some concentrated efforts in this area.

Regards,
Oliver