harmony-dev mailing list archives

From LOU Yin <yin.lou...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoc] Hi all
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 06:55:06 GMT
Hi all,

I am an undergraduate from Fudan University, Shanghai, China. It's my first
time to know Harmony and to have a chance to get a deeper insight on open
source community. So I just choose some projects that look easy.

1. harmony-javax-script
I think this implementation would be straight forward. I'm not clear what
kind of implementation people are expecting.

2. harmony-tools-1
I prefer implementing jar tool. I think I should follow the similar pattern
for javac in Harmony when implementing. A reference page can be found at
[1].

Actually, for this two projects, the goal is to implement rather then
design. I don't see there are many potential ideas for these two projects.
Would someone give me some advice?

I'm interested in Java techiniques and familiar with Java language.
Hopefully, I could know more about the Harmony project and the open source
community after this summer.

Best,
Lou, Yin

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/windows/jar.html