harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Torrão <carlos.tor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][GarbageCollector] SoftReferences
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:29:24 GMT
Hi,

Salvador was focusing in the behavior of the GC in the presence of
SoftReferences. For instance, if the objects are "deleted" if they don't
have any Reference (strong one) during the GC swap through the objects. If
this is true, maybe it's possible to do some kind of optimization to this
behavior of the GC to SoftReferences. Do you know if there is something like
that already developed for the DRLVM ?

Best regards,
Carlos Torrão