harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Sian January <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2009
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:11:39 GMT
I've added a new Wiki page[1] for us to add our proposals, and I
copied one from 2008 so that everyone can see the right format as
they'll need to be transferred to the ASF website at some point.  I
haven't copied all the 2008 projects[2] as I don't know which are
still relevant.

Please feel free to add proposals to the list and copy the relevant
ones from 2008 and we also need people to sign up to mentor projects.
It would be good to get an idea of the number of people available to
mentor as early as possible because last year the ASF didn't ask
Google for enough slots, so we were in the position where we had
people willing to mentor who couldn't.

This may be obvious, but where the project description is quite wide
like "implement a jdk tool" it's fine to have several mentors listed
because if we get more than one good student application then we can
run more than one project.  You can also list yourself as the mentor
for more than one project, but you will generally only be allowed one
student so you will have to choose between projects at some point.

Thanks,

Sian

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Google_Summer_Of_Code_2009_Projects_Proposals

[2] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Google_Summer_Of_Code_2008_Projects_Proposals