harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2009
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:07:42 GMT
Hello folks,
Let me try to share my ideas on GSoC project. I need your feedback on this.

1. I believe a tool from [1] should be replaced with one based on
Google Code search, preferably using its nice java API. The tool
should have a sort of configurable AI, e.g. understand that misspels
in comments are more important than typical performance optimizations.
This would help us and others checking bulk contributions.

2. I want to start incubating a project [2] (mentors welcome), but it
have logging with incompatible license. Re-using a logger from Harmony
VM in this project would solve this problem. Also, one might find a
better way to our localization - symbolic identifiers are hard to
maintain. I simply love my fine logger, so in case of possible org
difficulties with the project [1], it can be replaced with another one
with ugly logging.

What do you think?

With best regards, Alexei

[2] http://markmail.org/thread/yiyyqtyb7f7csxui