harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2009
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:53:36 GMT
Mark,
This is invaluable letter for promoting your task. Some points worth
to be noted in the proposal, and especially the last paragraph. Last
summer I tried to bring attention of a gifted student to our project,
but he chose contributing to Ruby. :-)

Let me elaborate a bit why the task is educating. It trains consistent
spec reading skill, because as you've said jdb is very thin by itself.
I have 30-year old programmers on board who invent their own protocols
instead of programming ones from RFC because... it is boring to read
the spec.

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

--
С уважением,