harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2009
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 04:47:51 GMT
Hello,

Since most of the tasks from the last year were not complete (or even
taken), they could be a good start unless we define better ones [1].
The tasks should be adjusted, so we won't repeat last year result.

RTF parser implementation was the task of a proper level of
modularity. Contrary, drag & drop swing implementation (or any other
deep swing immersion) currently seems an overkill to me.

I also like tools. There are plenty of tools [2] in JDK 6 we don't
have, and they are very modular to learn.
Thanks.

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/qvu2ikotnlg26s2f
[2] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/index.html

--