harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Quick Apache Harmony JNI question
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:22:44 GMT
Hello Pavel,
The following mail from Bert gives better perception and some answers
about his use cases. If this could help you fixing HARMONY-5505! :-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com>
Date: 2008/12/12
Subject: Re: Quick Apache Harmony JNI question
To: webmaster@quadmore.com

Hello Bert,
I would appreciate if you redirected the following questions to the
mail list dev@harmony.apache.org. This is the proper way how Apache
provides non-commercial support. If confidential matters were
involved, you'd better ask for commercial support on the same list.

Here goes a short answer.
* Yes, we tried to implement DestroyJavaVM correctly. It does not
segfault on simple scenarios. Note, Apache Harmony VM does not allow
several VMs to coexist in the same address space.
* I believe Apache Harmony VM was better tested for Java 5.
* Check the date of the posts about Sun's DestroyJavaVM. Now it works
much better. Let me make a strong guess that unless you've spend more
than a week debugging your scenario, it is more likely that a bug is
in your invocation code then in Sun's DestroyJavaVM.
* I tried DestroyJavaVM in J9 and it worked as well. You may ask Tim
(on the list) more questions about IBM's VM.

Thanks.

--
С уважением,
Алексей Федотов,