harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] help wanted ... jclprots.h headers
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 23:01:55 GMT

I'd like to remove the jclprots.h header files.  These are enormous
files that contain lots of prototypes.  Their contents ignores any
notion of modularity and they should be replaced by module headers or
just local headers.  There are some simple steps to remove them:

1) Truncate the unix header to 0 bytes.
2) Temporarily add -Wimplicit-function-declaration to defines.mk for
   unix build and run the build
3) Fix any errors - move declarations to more appropriate header files -
   and repeat 2) until it works.
4) .. 6) repeat for windows.
7) Remove all references to jclprots.h and the two header files.

I've just check in r747597 with the changes for 1) ... 3) and was hoping
someone could do the equivalent for windows so that I can do 7).

Thanks in advance,
 Mark.