harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Problems with NIO
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:16:46 GMT
Hi

I'm a commiter on the Apache MINA/FtpServer project and have been
trying to get our builds to work with Harmony. MINA is a NIO framework
which tries to make development of NIO based applications simple.
FtpServer is an FTP server (duh) based on MINA. On both projects, many
of our unit tests will throw the following exception:
java.net.SocketException
at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.select(OSNetworkSystem.java:317)
at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.SelectorImpl.selectInternal(SelectorImpl.java:468)
at org.apache.harmony.nio.internal.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.java:432)
at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioSocketAcceptor.select(NioSocketAcceptor.java:283)
at org.apache.mina.core.polling.AbstractPollingIoAcceptor$Acceptor.run(AbstractPollingIoAcceptor.java:395)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:65)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:643)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:668)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:670)

This also seems to happen with Grizzly, a different NIO framework. The
JIRA issue for this is at:

Also, with MINA, the Harmony VM crashes when running the unit test (or
maybe just after) with the report in this issue:

As I would like to eat our own dog food and get MINA and FtpServer
working on Harmony, is there something I could do to help you out
fixing these problems? I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with the
Harmony code to fix the problems myself at this time.

/niklas