harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Lee <littlee1...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni]httpclient code in HttpConnection.java
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:46:04 GMT
Hi guys,

We are using some code from the jakarta common's HttpConnection.java in our
org.apache.harmony.luni.internal.net.www.protocol.http.HttpConnection.java.
>From the comment above the code, we are using a quite old revision r480424.

In the method isStale(), we have used inputStream.mark(1). But from the
spec, we have "The general contract of mark is that, if the method
markSupported returns true, the stream somehow remembers all the bytes read
after the call to mark and stands ready to supply those same bytes again if
and whenever the method reset is called. However, the stream is not required
to remember any data at all if more than readlimit bytes are read from the
stream before reset is called. " So I guess we should test markSupported()
first.

1. Should we update the code to the latest revision?
2. Should we modify the code ourselves and get rid of the jakarta commons?

Any idea?

--
Yours sincerely,
Charles Lee