harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about upgrade icu4j 3.8 to icu4j 4.0
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:04:03 GMT
I heard that one of the aims of icu4j 4.0 release is improving
performance, Harmony could also get benefit from upgrade.

Deven You wrote:
>>>From our tests, upgrade to icu4j 4.0 can speed up tomcat startup time.
Great news! Could you please share your performance test data with us?
I'm very interested :)

> 2009/2/24 Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>
>
>> In message <efe92bae0902200123p77037a46s965966c262c50ce8@mail.gmail.com>,
>> Deven You writes:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have tried to upgrade icu4j3.8 to icu4j4.0 for  classlib trunk on my
>>> machine, below is the instructions for this upgrade:
>>> 1. download  icu4j-4_0.jar and icu4j-charsets-4_0.jar from ICU official
>>> website http://icu-project.org/download/4.0.html
>>> 2. create icu4j_4.0 folder in trunk/depends/jars, copy icu4j-4_0.jar and
>>> icu4j-charsets-4_0.jar into icu4j_4.0 folder
>>> 3. create icu4j_4.0 folder in trunk/depends/manifests, copy META-INF
>> foledr
>>> from icu4j_3.8 and use version 4.0 replace 3.8 in the MANIFEST.MF  file.
>>> 4. apply configuration patch[1] for icu4.0 to change some configuration
>>> settings.

--
Best Regards,
Regis.