harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The RedefineClass function
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:30:06 GMT
YixunZhou said the following on 09.02.2009 9:08:

> I'm new to harmony, and looking at the jvmti component in harmony. Is
> there some documents about the data structures and architecture of
> jvmti? I only found the description of the implementation of "JVMTI
> PopFrame Implementation
> <http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/JVMTI-PopFrame.html> "
> and "Implementation of breakpoints and single step
> <http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/breakpoints_and_ss.html>
> JVMTI functionality in JIT mode".

If you are interested in RedefineClasses function, there is no
implementation for it yet. It is the only JVMTI functionality that DRLVM
misses. This function is quite a big piece of work and since it is
optional, it wasn't implemented yet. There is an alternative to use
ClassFileLoadHook if you need to change classes that are loaded by the
virtual machine.

--
Gregory