harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] Hudson based build
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:00:10 GMT
Egor Pasko wrote:
> On the 0x547 day of Apache Harmony Tim Ellison wrote:
>> I now have an account [1] on the ASF Hudson machine, so can host some
>> more visible build and test projects there.
>>
>> To get things started, I created a simple build job which will send mail
>> to the alerts@ list if the compile fails.
>>
>> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Harmony/
>
> Awesome! Now I do not have to ask people out there to check my patches
> on x86_64 :) Thanks, Tim!
>
>> Next step is to pass the results of that build into a short integrity
>> testing cycle.
>
> I am seeing results of short integrity testing runs on Hudson. Does it
> mean this is done already?

It's still work in progress, but yes, just about done.

I enhanced the 'build' job to include a very basic test (at this point
it just runs the pack200 Junit tests.  This is to ensure that not only
the build completes successfully, but that it also runs a very simple
set of 'sniff' tests.

I'm open to suggestions about what the sniff tests should be, but they
should take next to no time at all to run after the build completes.

Once the short integration testing is working I'll redirect failures to
the alerts list too, and schedule that to run frequently (being mindful
that we are on a shared machine resource).  Then I'll move on to running
longer tests, etc. etc.

> Is there a plan to set up an x86 build on Hudson? How much more
> platforms/configurations is reasonable to run without making others
> feel that we are wasting machine resources?

AFAIK there is not a wide range of machine architectures available as
Hudson build machines.  I will discuss with the infra team what we can
get available.

I think we can use more resources on the current machine if you can
think of other configurations you want to run.

Regards,
Tim