harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to dump code for JET?
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:56:45 GMT
On the 0x564 day of Apache Harmony xiaoming gu wrote:
> Hi, all. I'm working on a bug with JET. Now I need to know a bytecode and
> its corresponding binary code. But after checking the webpage [1], I
> couldn't figure out the way. Do we need specify some command option for
> jet.log?

I did not know that either, so I looked into the code and understood
how outdated the documentation is :) Finally I went with my favourite
combo for logging compilation of main() (from [2]):

path/to/java -Xem:jet -XX:jit.p.filter=.main -XX:jit.p.arg.log=ct,cg YourClass

now read the file in .:

log/JET/YourClass/main\(\[Ljava_lang_String\;\)V/ct.log

pseudo x86 instructions are kind of ... printed, not ideal at all
though, hope this works for you. If it does not, there is another
chance to pick the disassembling lib as described in [3]. I did not
try it yet.

more details about log= possibilities are in [4].

> And what is ij executable? Thanks.

huh, it is the name of the 'java' executable as contributed originally
by intel. This document did not change since then.

> Xiaoming
>
> [1]
> http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/drlvm/debugging_VM_and_JIT.html#Debugging_JIT

[2] http://harmony.apache.org/cmd_options.html