harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "chunrong lai" <chunrong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: testing for the newer EUT
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 07:26:41 GMT
Thanks.
(1) My default JRE is also Harmony JVM.
     I tried to set public JRE as SUN JRE and specify Harmony VM with "-vm"
in runtests.bat but just get same results as my previous running.

(2) I think that there are not two JVM executables if run it with java
command lines. So the harness issue does not exist if we can reproduce the
error there.
     Yes. There are two java executables in scripts based running, like the
"jvm" and "vm" option for runtests.bat or the java executable in path or in
eut.run.properties (for test.xml).

      java -jar
eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.0.v20070606.jar -data
workspace -application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -file test.xml jdttext
-Dos=linux -Dws=gtk -Darch=x86 -Dclean=true -propertyfile eut.run.properties
-logger org.apache.tools.ant.DefaultLogger

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:

> It must be the 'jvm' property in that file. When I add that, it uses
> the Harmony JRE to run the tests. However, the test harness is still
> run with the public JRE (in my case, Sun's JRE).
>
> Would you mind trying to add "-vm path/to/harmony" to runtests and
> seeing what results to get from a clean start? I'd like to know if
> you're getting the same failures. The console output doesn't show
> much, but when you look at the results, no tests were run and the log
> shows some weird errors in equinox.
>
> -Nathan
>
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM, chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I run it with
> >  runtests -properties eut.run.properties jdtcorebuilder
> >
> > or
> > D:\eclipse-testing>java -jar
> > eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.200.v20080825-1800.jar
> > -application org.eclipse.test.coretestapplication -data workspace -dev
> bin
> >
> formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter,d:\eclipse-testing\eclipse\org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.builder.BuilderTests.xml
> > -testPluginName org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.builder -className
> > org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.builder.BuilderTests -os win32 -ws win32 -arch
> > x86
> > after manual clean/extraction.
> >
> > I also tried "runtests -properties eut.run.properties" and saw those
> > jdtcorebuilder errors are reproducible.
> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> When I don't specificy "-vm", then it uses the 'java' executable in my
> >> path that Sun's public JRE installed, for all invocations. All I have
> >> set in my properties file is the "J2SE-1.5" property. What does the
> >> "jvm" property do?
> >>
> >> I presume you're running "runtests -properties eut.run.properties all".
> >>
> >> -Nathan

> the

> system>]
> >> [-ws
> java
> >> targetname3
> >> that
> >> >
> http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/automation.html(around

> message:

> 'D:harmony.cc/trunk/working_vm/build/windows_x86_msvc_release/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/gc_gen.jar'

> Is
> >> it

   Tests

> is

> Harmony

> line
> >> >> >> > >

> >> eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.200.v20080825-1800.jar
> workspace
> >> >> >> >

> formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultForm
> >> >> >>

> >atter,d:\eclipse-testing\eclipse\org.eclipse.jdt.text.tests.JdtTextTestSui

> win32

I guess the
> >> root
> >> Missing