harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "chunrong lai" <chunrong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: testing for the newer EUT
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 06:47:43 GMT
I run it with
  runtests -properties eut.run.properties jdtcorebuilder

or
D:\eclipse-testing>java -jar
eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.200.v20080825-1800.jar
-application org.eclipse.test.coretestapplication -data workspace -dev bin
formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter,d:\eclipse-testing\eclipse\org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.builder.BuilderTests.xml
-testPluginName org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.builder -className
org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.builder.BuilderTests -os win32 -ws win32 -arch
x86
after manual clean/extraction.

I also tried "runtests -properties eut.run.properties" and saw those
jdtcorebuilder errors are reproducible.
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:

> When I don't specificy "-vm", then it uses the 'java' executable in my
> path that Sun's public JRE installed, for all invocations. All I have
> set in my properties file is the "J2SE-1.5" property. What does the
> "jvm" property do?
>
> I presume you're running "runtests -properties eut.run.properties all".
>
> -Nathan
>
> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:19 PM, chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > hi, Nathan:
> >     I have not tried 3.5M4 but just tried 3.5M3.
> >     According to the attched "Readme.htm", one only needs to  specify the
> > (J2SE) item of eut.run.properties (I attached mine) and then run
> >
> > runtests -properties <path to properties file> [-os <operating system>]
> [-ws
> > <windowing system>] [-arch <architecture>] [-noclean] [-vm <path
to java
> > executable>][-Dtest.target=performance][targetname1 targetname2
> targetname3
> > etc...]
> >     for that. You can read the "Requirements" session in it. It seems
> that
> > the requirements (winzip, ant) are minimum.
> >     Detailed steps of the testing can be found in
> > http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/automation.html(around
> > Fig 13).
> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've been trying to recreate these errors, can anyone share the
> >> specific commands, settings and tools being used?
> >>
> >> I'm trying this with the 3.5M4 builds and I can't even get the 'ant'
> >> test to run when Harmony is the bootstrapping JRE and the JRE running
> >> the actual tests.
> >>
> >> -Nathan

> 'D:harmony.cc/trunk/working_vm/build/windows_x86_msvc_release/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/gc_gen.jar'

> it

As

> eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.200.v20080825-1800.jar
> >> >> >

> formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultForm
> >> >>

> >atter,d:\eclipse-testing\eclipse\org.eclipse.jdt.text.tests.JdtTextTestSui

> root
> Missing
> run

It looks like