harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [legal] legal issues
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:31:10 GMT
Hello Jose Antonio,

You may find required clarifications here:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

My understanding of US export restrictions is following:
1. Nationals of Cuba, Iran, and North Korea have no legal right to use
anything. The good thing about this is that most of them don't care
anyway. Note, that the law talks about nationals, not countries.
2. Included encryption software is controlled differently.

I believe Sun's product is a subject of the same restrictions.

Thanks.