harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] Set up an Apache build server?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:25:05 GMT
Well, the transparent server is pretty nice thing to have, for
example, to align results of UI tests which are heavily affected by
the environment they run at.

Harmony testing is heavy. Would a slot be enough for Harmony
reliability test runs? Or otherwise, won't our testing abuse Apache
resources?

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Sian January
<sianjanuary@googlemail.com> wrote:
> It would also be great to make it possible to download the 'last good
> build' if Hudson can do that kind of thing (e.g. latest build that
> passed all the harmony tests or some similar definition).
>

> 2009/1/15 Mark Hindess <mark.hindess@googlemail.com>:

>>> +1
>>> That means user could download the latest build directly, although there
>>> is only linux version.
>>>
>>> Should the build only run unit tests or include bti test?
>>
>> Hudson gives us quite a bit of flexibility about how build/test jobs are
>> configured.  I think we should consider our requirements.  Personally,
>> I would favour a simple build job with separate jobs for different
>> levels of testing.  So for example, a good build might trigger a job for
>> classlib tests and only if the classlib tests pass (with appropriate
>> exclusions) would other tests (from the BTI) be executed.
>>
>> We should try to set up federation build and main test jobs.  Then add
>> BTI tests to this depending on what the apache hudson infrastructure
>> will support.
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Mark.
>>

> --