harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: [general] features
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 07:47:10 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:52 AM, Rui Chu <rchu@nudt.edu.cn> wrote:
> Ignoring the native APIs, can we take the heap, stack, byte codes, TLS and other mgmt
metadata in a JVM as an status information?  Can we store the status in a disk file, and restore
them later to perform an approximate "hibernate"? Maybe it is rather simple and coarse, while
it would be attractive even when it only works for a few simple applications.
> After all, JVM is also a simple machine model rather than a full layered OS and system
hardware...

I actually had made this work with another simpler JVM implementation.
It should be not difficult to achieve with Harmony.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
Managed Runtime Technology Center, Intel