harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Cai" <greensi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [general] features
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:29:04 GMT
So to quickly answer your questions -

#2: No, neither SUN JVM nor Harmony JVM support such "hibernate" operation.
JVM does not have an abstract Hardware level, even though it does manage the
memory and threads for a running process. So it is not a "real" operating
system. It accesses resources by calling the hosting OS's native APIs
directly. As a result, it's not as easy to hibernate a JVM as we do with
Windows, VMWare, etc.

#3: Yes, sandbox is the built-in Java security model. You can achieve what
you described through a customized SecurityManager. You can search google to
find enough to read.

- Jack