harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksey Shipilev <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jitrino] question about optpass
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 23:51:44 GMT
Hi, Anne!

What exactly do you want to measure? Is that the amount of memory
needed for specific optimization pass to complete?

If so, I believe you can tap on Jitrino's MemoryManager [1] to measure
footprint for temporal objects, see USE_TRACE_MEM_MANANGER and
DEBUG_MEMORY_MANAGER pragmas for example. There's a little technical
problem that some optpasses seem to use shared MemoryManager so
there's the need to hack a little. It would be nice if you investigate
on that matter and report back so we can improve the code.

P.S. As the researchers we're like to hear other researcher's
affiliations when it's not clear from the email address.

Thanks,
Aleksey.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/jitrino/src/shared/MemoryManager.cpp