harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [build] Set up an Apache build server?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:28:58 GMT
Alexei Fedotov wrote:
> Well, the transparent server is pretty nice thing to have, for
> example, to align results of UI tests which are heavily affected by
> the environment they run at.
>
> Harmony testing is heavy. Would a slot be enough for Harmony
> reliability test runs? Or otherwise, won't our testing abuse Apache
> resources?

We'd have to be sensitive to the use of shared resources, so some
estimate of what we would expect to use will be polite/required.

I suggest that rather than move the whole test infrastructure onto the
Hudson server in one go, we describe a range of possibilities.  For
example, we could range anything from a simple sanity build on one
platform, up to the full build and test across multiple platforms.

Perhaps I'll drop infra a note to see what level of acccuracy of machine
planning they need to see from us to support builds, i.e. I don't know
if they care more about CPU cycles/disk space/whatever.

Regards,
Tim