harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject [build] Set up an Apache build server?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:15:14 GMT
As I was catching up on e-mails, and reading the discussion between
Chunrong and Nathan about EUT testing, it struck me that it might be
helpful if we had a shared build server hosted at the ASF.

There are a number of machines running Hudson, so I believe we could get
a slot on a Linux machine to build and test Harmony in a way that is
more visible to the development group than the current community builds
and alerts list.

Having community builds is still good, since the heterogeneity means we
get to hear about problems before they get out of hand, e.g. the ASF
doesn't run any Windows boxes AFAIK.

What do you think?  Should I ask infra to get a Harmony slot on the
Hudson build machine?  We would have to give some indication of
predicted load and size of artifacts we would expect to use.

Regards,
Tim