harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Rui Chu" <r...@nudt.edu.cn>
Subject [general] features
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 16:39:30 GMT
Hi,
I am a new comer of JVM and Harmony. Since I have just learnt Harmony for a few time, I wonder
whether Harmony(especially the VM) has implemented or has been interested in the features
as follows.
1. SUN has proposed Java Isolation for a long while, and related specifications have also
been released. Unfortunately I cannot find any support for it in SUN JVM till now. Has Harmony
implemented or planned to do that? Or maybe SUN has implemented but I do not know it yet.
2. Does SUN JVM or Harmony support to suspend, serialize and resume the JVM? In other words,
a JVM can suspend the execution of itself and bytecodes, transfer the execution status into
an image file and resume it later. Assuming the external environments such as file system
or network connection still keeps.
3. Does the sandbox support appear as an independent project, or has been integrated in Harmony?
Where can I find more documents about the sandbox in Harmony?
In general, I want to know whether Harmony planned to be another (open source) implementation
of SUN JVM, or has its special features beyond the latter? I am not familiar with both SUN
JVM and Harmony, so my question may be naive :)  Your kind and patient answers are appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Rui Chu