harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Beyer <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: testing for the newer EUT
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 06:55:32 GMT
It must be the 'jvm' property in that file. When I add that, it uses
the Harmony JRE to run the tests. However, the test harness is still
run with the public JRE (in my case, Sun's JRE).

Would you mind trying to add "-vm path/to/harmony" to runtests and
seeing what results to get from a clean start? I'd like to know if
you're getting the same failures. The console output doesn't show
much, but when you look at the results, no tests were run and the log
shows some weird errors in equinox.

-Nathan

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM, chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com> wrote:
> I run it with
>  runtests -properties eut.run.properties jdtcorebuilder
>
> or
> D:\eclipse-testing>java -jar
> eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.200.v20080825-1800.jar
> -application org.eclipse.test.coretestapplication -data workspace -dev bin
> formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter,d:\eclipse-testing\eclipse\org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.builder.BuilderTests.xml
> -testPluginName org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.builder -className
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.tests.builder.BuilderTests -os win32 -ws win32 -arch
> x86
> after manual clean/extraction.
>
> I also tried "runtests -properties eut.run.properties" and saw those
> jdtcorebuilder errors are reproducible.
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> When I don't specificy "-vm", then it uses the 'java' executable in my
>> path that Sun's public JRE installed, for all invocations. All I have
>> set in my properties file is the "J2SE-1.5" property. What does the
>> "jvm" property do?
>>
>> I presume you're running "runtests -properties eut.run.properties all".
>>
>> -Nathan
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:19 PM, chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > hi, Nathan:
>> >     I have not tried 3.5M4 but just tried 3.5M3.
>> >     According to the attched "Readme.htm", one only needs to  specify the
>> > (J2SE) item of eut.run.properties (I attached mine) and then run
>> >
>> > runtests -properties <path to properties file> [-os <operating system>]
>> [-ws
>> > <windowing system>] [-arch <architecture>] [-noclean] [-vm <path
to java
>> > executable>][-Dtest.target=performance][targetname1 targetname2
>> targetname3
>> > etc...]
>> >     for that. You can read the "Requirements" session in it. It seems
>> that
>> > the requirements (winzip, ant) are minimum.
>> >     Detailed steps of the testing can be found in
>> > http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/automation.html(around
>> > Fig 13).

>> 'D:harmony.cc/trunk/working_vm/build/windows_x86_msvc_release/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/gc_gen.jar'

>> it

The

Harmony

>> eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.200.v20080825-1800.jar
>> >> >> >

>> formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultForm
>> >> >>

>> >atter,d:\eclipse-testing\eclipse\org.eclipse.jdt.text.tests.JdtTextTestSui

>> root
>> Missing
>> run

testing. It looks like