harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Beyer <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: testing for the newer EUT
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 04:42:00 GMT
When I don't specificy "-vm", then it uses the 'java' executable in my
path that Sun's public JRE installed, for all invocations. All I have
set in my properties file is the "J2SE-1.5" property. What does the
"jvm" property do?

I presume you're running "runtests -properties eut.run.properties all".

-Nathan

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:19 PM, chunrong lai <chunronglai@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, Nathan:
>     I have not tried 3.5M4 but just tried 3.5M3.
>     According to the attched "Readme.htm", one only needs to  specify the
> (J2SE) item of eut.run.properties (I attached mine) and then run
>
> runtests -properties <path to properties file> [-os <operating system>] [-ws
> <windowing system>] [-arch <architecture>] [-noclean] [-vm <path to java
> executable>][-Dtest.target=performance][targetname1 targetname2 targetname3
> etc...]
>     for that. You can read the "Requirements" session in it. It seems that
> the requirements (winzip, ant) are minimum.
>     Detailed steps of the testing can be found in
> http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/automation.html (around
> Fig 13).
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> I've been trying to recreate these errors, can anyone share the
>> specific commands, settings and tools being used?
>>
>> I'm trying this with the 3.5M4 builds and I can't even get the 'ant'
>> test to run when Harmony is the bootstrapping JRE and the JRE running
>> the actual tests.
>>
>> -Nathan
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Gregory Shimansky
>> <gshimansky@apache.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > It looks like almost all tests fail with the same exception message:
>> >
>> > Build path contains duplicate
>> > entry:
>> > 'D:harmony.cc/trunk/working_vm/build/windows_x86_msvc_release/deploy/jdk/jre/bin/default/gc_gen.jar'
>> > for project 'Project'
>> >
>> > Interesting how there is no '/' or '\' after D: in the path name. Is it
>> > valid path in win32?

It looks like it