harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Make harmony's modularity better
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:52:35 GMT
I've been looking at the dependency from the auth module to awt, but I
don't think there's any work to be done there, except to change the
awt dependencies in the MANIFEST.MF to be optional.
There is only one class that depends on awt
(org.apache.harmony.auth.callback.DialogCallbackHandler), and I
believe for it to be instantiated a user would have to specify its
name via the auth.login.defaultCallbackHandler security property.  If
that's right, then I think we could just assume that that won't/can't
be used if awt isn't installed.
I don't think it makes sense to move the class itself to awt as that
would introduce a dependency from awt-auth that doesn't already exist.

Does that sound ok?

Thanks,

Sian

--