harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Make harmony's modularity better
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:35:38 GMT
Hi Tony,

I think it would be very good if we could minimise unnecessary
dependencies between Harmony modules.  I would definitely like to get
involved with this.

For the specific example, don't forget that Applet is not final so
could be subclassed, in which case class.getName() would return
something else.  However you should still be able to do it with
refection, (e.g. something like
Class.forName("java.applet.Applet").cast(result))

Thanks,

Sian

--
Unless stated otherwise above: