harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "chunrong lai" <chunrong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [site] Out of date link for automatic testing scenarios for snapshots
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2008 16:47:17 GMT
hi, Nathan:
    In my understanding one just check the result files and the perl
scripts, and makes some updates to generate the results pages. One can also
do  automatical results generation with more scripts after a well ssh
configuration. Anyway please see if below/attached descriptions meet your
expeactation, let us discuss a bit more to see where is the problem if it is
not the case.

 This tutorial introduces the steps to setup the web result pages for
integrity testing and snapshot testing.
 (1) Integrity testing result, as in
http://people.apache.org/~chunrong/harmony-integrity.
     The result page is generated by the local results files in the
integrity testing machine, named as {platform}.{test_suite}.status.zip,
which are stored in the the directory specified by
framework.parameters.optional.upload.dir(*.1) in framework.local.properties.
   (1.1) One can now manually generate the result page by running the
scripts in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/buildtest/trunk/tools/integrity/status-table(*.2),
with some changes to specify the platforms, test suites, result URL
and the result files.
   The diff file I made to generate the result page is also attached
(integrity.diff). After have made such minor changes, I upload the result
files to %test_results_links (in my apache account), unzip them, and running
the perl scripts to generate the result page in %test_results_links for the
specified %testsuites and %platforms. Because the web page is generated in
the apache server (http://people.apache.org, the files are also uploaded to
there), one needs an apache account to do that.
   (1.2) More works are needed to make above steps running automatically.
   Firstly one needs to set up ssh keys (*.3) of local integrity testing
machine and store them to the apache account, thus can connect to the apache
server automatically. If the local file is behind a firewall, more
utilities, for example, the connect utility (*.4) will be required to do
that.
   Secondly I update the testing infrastructure, the diff file is also
attached, to check the result directory if one file with specified name
exists. The file actually acts as a flag. Others can just ignore the file
thus only do manual result web page generation. I myself do created the file
so it always exists in my environment. In this way the result files got
auto-uploaded and another scripts, with contents of "ssh apache 'cd
/home/chunrong/public-html/harmony-integrity ** ./generate-webpages.sh'"
will be executed. The latest scripts, named generate-webpages.sh, located in
the remote apache server just extracts the result files and automatically
run the perl scripts exactly as in (1.1). To simplify the scripts I just
handle result files and result pages for all platforms/testsuites after
every result file (with specific platform/testsuite) has been uploaded. I
see that can be possibly optimized.

 (2) There are no new issue to generate the result pages for snapshot
testing (*.5). The result files are generated in
infra/build/checkouts/snapshot/results.

(*.1)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/buildtest/trunk/infra/README.txt?view=markup
(*.2)