harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Harmony 2009 roadmap Was: Using PriviAction instead of PrivilegedAction
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2008 16:23:30 GMT
Merry Christmas folks,

The discussion on PriviAction re-factoring makes me feel lost. Even if
you guys spend days discussing Harmony directions on PMC list, this is
not quite transparent for me and Kevin. Well, I like improving my
code. But even more than that I like when someone make use of my code.
During crisis times are we looking for customers who may take
advantage of our product?

For example, Eclipse might be bundled with our archive.jar with
delayed parsing of per-entry manifest attributes, thus improving
Eclipse start up time on the top of Sun's VM. Of course, delayed
parsing should be developed first. Those of you, guys, who continue
using java, may share your real life examples. As for me, I don't use
java except for launching OpenProj. But nothing prevents us from
taking advantage of Salikh's infrastructure for unit testing [1] in
our C++ project.  I'm trying to convince my colleagues to adopt my
logger as well.

Having clear goals like 100% API completeness or redistributable class
library for Google Android is also nice. I'm looking forward for your
ideas on our directions.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/harmony/enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/tests/unit/framework/

--
С уважением,