harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VM] On-demand class library parsing is ready to commit
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:10:18 GMT
Wenlong,
Thanks for removing the commented code.

There are several VMs which make use of the Harmony class library,
e.g. Harmony VM, J9, Android Dalvik, etc. Your change is Harmony VM
specific, isn't it? If it is, then it's better to keep related changes
in the VM module. If it is not, then it might be a good idea to keep
the changes in the class library module unless other VMs already has
such optimization in their code.

In any case crossing module boundary would make class library users
think more than once or even write some code. Is it technically
possible to prepare a patch which does not change module boundaries?
What do you think?

As for your performance experiments, which particular test are your
measuring? It is bootclasspath-unpretentious "Hello, world", isn't it?

Thanks!

--
С уважением,
Алексей Федотов,