harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Wenlong Li" <wenl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VM] On-demand class library parsing is ready to commit
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 23:19:04 GMT
On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 12:42 AM, Alexei Fedotov
<alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wenlong,
> Have I missed a discussion of the proposed design? I see that you
> expose a new public interface:
>  /**
>  * @map the jar with exported package in the pending jar list for
> on-demand jar parsing
>  *   Key is the jar, and value is the package exported by this jar
>  */
> DECLARE_OPEN(void, vm_properties_set_pending_jar, (const char* key,
> const char* value));
>
> Did you mean "Maps" instead of "@map"? Strangely the word "pending"
> disappeared from the name of the wrapping VMI interface
> SetJarPackageMapping . Why should we extend both OPEN and VMI
> interfaces with the same function? Why did you put your code into
> working_classlib/modules/luni/src/main/native/luni/shared/luniglob.c,
> thus introducing another dependency between VM and class library?
[Wenlong] The boot class path is defined in luniglobal.c in Harmony,
and it also has dependence with VM. In my understanding, my patch is
related to boot class path determination, so I also put my code in
luniglobal.c, and use VMI interface to communicate with VM.

> +            //rcSetProperty = (*vmInterface)->SetJarPackageMapping
> (vmInterface, jarName, jarValue);
> +            hymem_free_memory(jarName);
> +            hymem_free_memory(jarValue);
> Should we really commit the commented code?
> Thanks.

[Wenlong] Please see my latest version of patch in the list. Such
commented code has been removed.