harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Board report due
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 04:35:16 GMT
On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng.li@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, when I can, but the code base is a mess and I don't have the
>>> uninterrupted time to spend trying to understand it.

>>> That's even worse - the entire community is contracting! It's a
>>> concern for DRLVM, because DRLVM has always had less participation
>>> than the Class Library.
>>
>> Ok, Nathan, I'd like to know if you have any constructive suggestions
>> so that we can improve that. Thanks. (though I think the community is
>> still healthy.)
>
> Acceptance. Admitting there's an issue is the first step. My
> suggestion is putting this in the board report.

1.  I am not sure if it is worth at the moment to report that as an
alert of something. In my opinion, it is common for any open source
project to have up and down cycles.

2. If we want to report, it is a concern of the community, not only
DRLVM, even if it is "worse", since I am not sure if it makes sense to
report an alert on Swing component or Applet tool.

> The opportunity to become an Eclipse reference platform is something
> we should be jumping on. If we're going to survive, we need to set a
> big goal, attempt to rally help (marketing) and push for it.

Yes, I also think that to try with Eclipse can help Harmony. This is
already under discussion, and I am taking action to check the status
of EUT.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--