harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Board report due
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 01:46:38 GMT
This depends on people's expectation. If we consider the lines of
code, I saw DRLVM had a large number of check-ins in the past month.
Also the discussions on startup time, hashcode opt, global
propagation, etc., incurred interesting comments/insights, which
turned into some good improvements in DRLVM.

One thing we should take into consideration is, JVM is entering a
stable period in its development. It is not like the period of
functionality development, since there is no major missing
functionality in DRLVM now. The new developments are more for
improvements. For example, when Wenlong saw the startup time had a
problem, he initiated the discussions, and got feedbacks, then worked
in it and came up with a patch. I reviewed the code, and think it's a
good patch accomplishing its goal. This is a pretty good example of
community-development.

Of course, more discussions are welcome. Well I personally have no
real concern about the development. But I agree with you that, a
couple of committers are not active recently...

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com