harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Bornstein <danf...@google.com>
Subject Re: Android source: open for business
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:34:52 GMT
I can't answer the procedural questions you raise, but I can add this:

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Aleksey Shipilev
<aleksey.shipilev@gmail.com> wrote:
> I volunteer to publish the diffs between Android's classlib and
> Harmony, but we need to clarify these legal issues first. As the
> background: as Android uses the classlib from 2007-04-11, there some
> technical difficulty -- the Harmony classlib was updated a lot :)
>

> "Android vs. Harmony-2007-04-11":
> (line counts): 67689 total lines to merge

The Android core library folks have been spending a lot of time lately
trying to bring the core library sources up to date with respect to
the last year and a half of Harmony development. It's not clear which
branch of the Android code you diffed against, but the latest work in
this regard is in the recently released "cupcake" branch. We are
working on getting it all merged back to the mainline, and we are also
working on getting more changes into the branch from our private
repository. (Eventually, we expect to work on this stuff completely in
the open, but we are still in transition.)

<http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/dalvik.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/cupcake;hb=cupcake>

-dan