harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Zhou" <zhoukevi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using PriviAction instead of PrivilegedAction
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 05:15:57 GMT
Nathan, thanks for your comments.

Nathan wrote,
> This would create a dependency on every module to an implementation
package in LUNI.
Yes, that would be.

> I'd suggest each module create one helper class, as needed, and reuse that
internally.
Adding an internally-used helper class can improve modularity. But I doubt
that it may bring redundant codes.
For example, both LUNI and Security needs to access the system properties.
In fact, PriviAction implements PrivilegedAction and only provides services
to get system properties, security properties and so.

> As I recall, PriviAction is quite an ugly class - it's rather a mess.
What about improving this helper class instead of adding an internal helper
classes in each module?