harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Zhou" <zhoukevi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [luni] HttpURLConnection does not have the "Accept" header (HARMONY-6036)
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 01:41:14 GMT
Tim wrote,
> Is it a problem that we don't reply with that Accept: ?

> Sorry, but I'm still back at questioning why we would express a preference
for test/html, image/gif and image/jpeg at all on the "GET /" request.

No. It is the problem that we don't send Accept header in our request.
Some web servers are not HTTP/1.1 compliant - this causes our http requests
to hang when connecting to it.
It seems like some servers REQUIRE the client to send an "Accept" header.
Our current implementation doesn't send an Accept header.
However, RI sends such Accept headers. In light of this, we should start
sending an Accept header which will accept all content types unless
explicitly overridden in user code.

Kevin Zhou