harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Cai" <greensi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android source: open for business
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 06:07:55 GMT
In ACQ there is a statement in Part III -

*If you have answered yes to any question above, and that implementation is
not available under a recognized Open Source license compatible with the
Apache License v2, you may not be a contributor to the related component
of Apache Harmony unless ...
*
So theoritically Harmony contributors can access Android's source code
because it is also ASLv2. If this is true, then there's nothing preventing
us from taking Android's code into Harmony. Apache requires us to state the
source of the code when committing though.

We might want to get some legal advice from the ASF?

-Jack