harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android source: open for business
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 22:55:57 GMT
[reviving the thread]

Hi,

What about the Day of Reckoning is coming? :) I have a couple of
questions on procedure of tackling the patch transferring process from
Android to Harmony. Given both Android classlib and Harmony classlib
licensed under APLv2, the licenses are compatible. Harmony policy is
to have ACQ and ICLA signed for each contributor.

1. Can anyone who signed both ACQ/ICLA check out the Android trunk and
make the patches?

2. Or, should someone from Android staff sign the ACQ and ICLA?

3. Or, should we ask Android to make a one-time contribution of source code?

I volunteer to publish the diffs between Android's classlib and
Harmony, but we need to clarify these legal issues first. As the
background: as Android uses the classlib from 2007-04-11, there some
technical difficulty -- the Harmony classlib was updated a lot :)

"Android vs. Harmony-2007-04-11":
(line counts): 67689 total lines to merge

735 annotation.diff
2272 archive.diff
18 auth.diff
197 concurrent.diff
178 crypto.diff
2043 logging.diff
22494 luni.diff
8951 luni-kernel.diff
7948 math.diff
459 nio_char.diff
1820 nio.diff
2434 prefs.diff
7625 regex.diff
29 security.diff
743 security-kernel.diff
1021 sql.diff
574 suncompat.diff
6542 text.diff
1606 x-net.diff

"Harmony -2007-04-11 vs Harmony-HEAD":
(line counts):  184805 total lines of new code Android is probably missing ;)

994 annotation.diff
14924 archive.diff
4287 auth.diff
1321 concurrent.diff