harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][prefs] default provider of prefs
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 05:40:15 GMT

Charles Lee wrote:
> Hi Nathan,Prefs has its priority list to load a factory builder. The first
> priority is System Property, the second is service info in any jar file, and
> the last the is platform default.
> If we have set the platform default value to the System Property in the luni
> before the prefs's constructor, that will make platform default be the first
> priority. And user can not specify the factory builder by service info in
> the jar file.
The algorithm of load provider is implementation specific, spec just say:

"Every J2SE implementation must provide some means of specifying which
PreferencesFactory implementation is used to generate the root
preferences nodes"

Harmony's implementation just read the property, that satisfy the spec,
whether to follow RI is another story, I think.

--
Best Regards,
Regis.