harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using PriviAction instead of PrivilegedAction
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:44:14 GMT
Pavel Pervov wrote:
> As I see it this class only solves the problem of "the more anonymous
> classes - the larger disribution is" problem. That is all. I assume we
> want to move toward solving that problem, but I'm not quite sure if we
> want to achieve it by using _single_ helper class for all the class
> library.

So how is this use of PriviAction:
  new PriviAction<String>("line.separator")

producing fewer anonymous classes than this use of PrivilegedAction:

  new PrivilegedAction<String>() {
    public String run() {
      return System.getProperty("line.separator");
    }
  }

It is more compact in source code, but...<shrug/>

Regards,
Tim