harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib]Make harmony's modularity better
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:25:19 GMT
Alex Blewitt wrote:
>> But the solution would be to do:
>>
>> Beans. instantiate/2 -> Beans. instantiate/3
>> Beans. instantiate/3 (does the work)
>> Beans. instantiate/4 -> Beans. instantiate/3 (and calls the applet initialiser)
>
> I've attached such a proposed change to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-6050. Sorry I can't
> compile/test in-situ, but if someone can give that a go and run
> associated tests, that would be great.

I took another look, and it isn't so simple.  While we know the caller
to the instantiate/4 method has got applet loaded, we also have to deal
with the case where instantiate/3 loads a bean of type Applet.

We should not inadvertently load applet.jar by deferring /3 to /4, but
we still need to cope with potentially loading it for the /3 case.  If
you are still following me...

Regards,
Tim