harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Board report due
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:52:25 GMT
Xiao-Feng Li wrote:
> 1.  I am not sure if it is worth at the moment to report that as an
> alert of something. In my opinion, it is common for any open source
> project to have up and down cycles.

FWIW we already mentioned this in our last report as
  "Work on the VM, JIT, and GC has slowed noticeably."
  http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Board200809

I don't think the situation had changed much since then, we have
stabilized at the current level of activity.

Interestingly, there is a steady uptake in adoption of Harmony assets in
other projects, which hasn't translated into increased participation in
this project.  I guess the code just works ;-)

Regards,
Tim