harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Board report due
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:10:03 GMT
Xiao-Feng Li wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So AIUI, users have the option of running the regular Harmony class
>> libraries on the DRLVM /or/ the specially compiled versions on the .NET
>> VM.  Is that your understanding too?
>
> Yes. Users can run their applications with Harmony or .NET CLR, the
> latter with translated classlib.

Can you suggest alternative text for my comment that :

"Of note this period is the ja.NET project who are using Apache Harmony
class libraries in conjunction with Mono to run Java programs on .NET."

I guess I just didn't see running class files on DRLVM as noteworthy -
*everybody* is doing that (well, when they are not running .dex files,
... <g>)

Regards,
Tim