harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Regis <xu.re...@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][luni] the same OSMemory.h in windows and unix
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 07:11:57 GMT
Hi,

I just found OSMemory.h has almost the same content in windows and unix,
the only differences are order of function definitions and comments. So
I think if they should be merged and moved to shared directory?
And I go through OSMemory.c quickly, found the most implementation are
also similar, looks like:
windows:
hymem_free_memory ((void *) address);

unix:
hymem_free_memory ((void *) ((IDATA) address));

I'm not clear why we need one more cast here, or is it possible to merge
this two implementations to one? If so, I'm volunteer to do this :)