harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [general] Board report due
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 04:19:58 GMT
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Xiao-Feng Li <xiaofeng.li@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> As I read, Xiaoming Gu and Chunrong Lai have fixed some bugs in past
>>> month. Are you fixing? ;)
>>
>> Yes, when I can, but the code base is a mess and I don't have the
>> uninterrupted time to spend trying to understand it.

>>> Yes, it is seen not growing. Everybody can help. I don't see it is
>>> specifically a concern of DRLVM development. Harmony is a community of
>>> a whole.
>>
>> That's even worse - the entire community is contracting! It's a
>> concern for DRLVM, because DRLVM has always had less participation
>> than the Class Library.
>
> Ok, Nathan, I'd like to know if you have any constructive suggestions
> so that we can improve that. Thanks. (though I think the community is
> still healthy.)

Acceptance. Admitting there's an issue is the first step. My
suggestion is putting this in the board report.

The opportunity to become an Eclipse reference platform is something
we should be jumping on. If we're going to survive, we need to set a
big goal, attempt to rally help (marketing) and push for it.

-Nathan